Hot Mess Mom Tips to Feel Like You Have Your Sh*t Together


Hot Mess Mom Tips to Feel Like You Have Your Sh*t Together


In one way or another we are all hot mess moms, some of us just have it under wraps a little better than others. On the "Hot Mess Mom Spectrum" there are many different levels to the hot mess-ness, from the mom who is always rushing, to the mom who serves chicken nuggets for almost every meal because they are too tired to fight and hey at least their kid is eating. If you are a hot mess momma then you can relate in knowing that it takes work to keep on top of said hot mess-ness, and if you are not a hot mess mom then good for you but some of us have to work a little harder to keep it all together. ANYWAYS here are the things I do to make me feel like I have my sh*t under control.

 Morning Routine

I have a semi-regular morning routine that I try to follow and its pretty loose so I don't get down on myself when I don't have "the perfect morning" happening. At no particular time or order I do a handful of things, first I wake up kinda early (6:30 am) to drink my coffee hot and watch the news, I do my core work to help my Diastasis Recti close up as much as it will, I get my mom uniform on, and I get my daughter ready and off to school. As long as I get those few things accomplished I have had a successful morning! So just figure out what the few things you do to feel accomplished are and do them almost every morning, once your days are starting off right you will already feel like you have everything under control.


Mom Uniform

We all have our mom uniform or certain outfits that we are most comfortable in and we feel the most motivated in. My mom uniform consists of any bottom, jeans, leggings, skirt, whatever, t-shirt, usually a sweater, my hair and face done, my apron, and my sneakers. With my mom uniform on I just feel more prepared to kick some buns and take on the day. Generally I can get dressed and have my hair and face done in like 25 min. Just take the little bit of time to get yourself ready for the day and you will feel more prepared to get to work. In a future post I will share my quick and easy hair and makeup routine that makes me look more put together and like I didn't need a whole pot of coffee to wake up. So If maybe just a little motivation is one of your hot mom traits maybe just getting yourself prepared for the day will help get the gears in motion.

Alarms

I seriously have alarms set for everything. I have alarms to remind me to start dinner, when to leave to get my daughter from school, etc, etc. Literally everything. I will get so wrapped up in whatever task I am in and totally loose track of time so one of my hot mess traits that I struggle with is perpetual tardiness and without my alarms I would get so lost in my day. So If tardiness or feelings of always rushing is one of your traits as well I say try the alarms and tell me thanks later!


Lists

This kinda ties into me needing alarms because forgetfulness is another one of my hot mom traits, but I write lists for everything. Lists of tasks to get done for the day, calls that I need to make that day, things that I need to buy to restock the house or when we start to get low on stuff, grocery lists, lists of coupons I have and even lists of Ibotta rebates that I want to claim. If I need it to get done I have to put it on the list otherwise I'm way too scatterbrained and feel like I'm running around in circles. Maybe forgetfulness is your hot mess trait and maybe lists will help you. Make sure to stock up on pens and notebooks ha!


Tidiness 

As a hot mess I can struggle greatly with keeping up on keeping everything picked up and dishes caught up. So as long as I can keep up with my daily quick cleaning I do then I don't feel like my house belongs to my hot mess-ness and that my home should be in every copy of better homes and gardens. If you are looking to know more about how easy it is to maintain your home go back to my previous posts about what I do to keep my home (almost) always ready for guests, and my #1 tip to clean when you really don't want to.

Well hot mess mommas I hope that I have shown you that you really don't have to do too much to get your sh*t together! Even though we are hot messes we can still keep it together and we can adult just as good as anyone else!

Is there anything you do that makes you feel more put together as a momma? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Coffee Required

Simple and Fun Ways to Keep Kids Active