Easy Peasy Bedtime Routine for Children

Easy Peasy Bedtime Routine for Children


As a mother I'm sure you've looked for new and creative ways to help lull your child off to dreamland, and it can really be a lot to go over. I know myself, I used to look for as many tips to have as smooth of a routine as I possibly could and you want to know how that turned out? I felt burned out and overwhelmed and so did my girls. We used to try to fit in stories, bedtime stretches, tricks to get kids to brush their teeth, cut off electronics for a certain period of time before bed, etc. Whew! When you're trying to relax for the night it seems so silly to have a jammed packed schedule and to feel like you can't get it all done. So I simplified the routine and our nights are much smoother.

Our routine is nothing fancy and generally doesn't take up too much of our time. Here is the breakdown:
6:30 (after dinner)- If its bath night they take a bath or shower then put on jammies (duh)
7:00 - Bedtime snack if they want one
7:30- Brush teeth and pick a story or cartoon 
8:00- Tucked into bed
Boom. Done. Thats it.

This simplified routine works well for our family, we don't feel like we're racing against the clock anymore to have a "smooth" routine. Its simple, quick, and honestly helps the girls sleep better too.

What does your child's bedtime routine look like? What works for your family OR what doesn't work for your family? Drop a comment below and let us mommas know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Coffee Required

Dealing With My Diastasis Recti

Simple and Fun Ways to Keep Kids Active